Sunday, April 3, 2011

who is Jesus to me?

Today was long day with not much in it: good things, mediocre don’t really care too much things, and boy I really don’t like this things. Actually, when I stop to add them all up, it really was a day filled with a lot; just nothing spectacular.

Spectacle gets our attention, our focus, and our energy. Sometimes it’s harder to walk through a day of mediocre than one with problems. At least then I know what I must attack or flee from, and am more keenly aware of God. I call upon Him, depend on Him, and tuck myself away in Him. The challenge in a day like today is to be with Him just as much as I would in a difficult day. One I didn’t or haven’t met well yet today.

In this year, I want to be closer to Jesus Christ. I want to know him. I feel that I know and connect more easily to God the Father in prayer. His majesty and holiness give me confidence to approach Him with my requests, and the image of a Father is very dear to me. But, who is Jesus to me? I know that He’s my Savior and intercessor, but I’ve never felt a connection to Him the way the disciples must have. What was that like? I want to delight myself in Him.

Since Sunday, I’ve been chewing on Matthew 11:28-30:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Lord Jesus, help me come to you at all times for rest. Teach me what it means to bear your yoke and camp in the kind of rest that goes soul deep. Thank you for walking alongside me. Thank you for beckoning me into your arms.

I am thankful to God for a Savior who is well acquainted with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment