Sunday, April 3, 2011

I am thankful for

I had decided I wanted to start a blog a few weeks ago, but didn’t know what I should blog about. I was in want of a theme, and this morning actually gave me the idea I had been waiting for.

What I am most thankful to God for today is a card I got in the mail from my mom. I didn’t have time to read it before a meeting, and so saved it till after because she had filled the card with text, and I didn’t want to rush through it.

Anyway, we were talking about being thankful this morning, and the hymn “Great is Thy Faithfulness” came to mind. I especially was pondering the line “there is no shadow of turning with Thee.” Imagine. There isn’t even the slightest hint that God will turn away from me. Then after our meeting, I opened the card, and what should be written inside, but that very hymn.

I am thankful to God for His faithfulness. I am sure that theme will be repeated throughout this blog.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment