Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I need to be thankful

Okay, I need to count my blessings today, but I'm not very happy right now. That's why I started this blog: because I wasn't happy and needed to remind myself to fix my eyes on things unseen, not the crummy circumstances around me.

Current crummy circumstance: five car repairs in the last month and a half ... and counting. I'm feeling pretty down about it. Time to put my faith into action when the rubber hits the road, albeit, out of alignment.

So, pray for me to put into practice my Sunday school lesson from this week from James 4:7-8, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you."

For my battle against self-pity and defeat is not one against flesh and blood, or my car, but against the spiritual forces of evil in this dark world. Time to stand firm in the truth of the Gospel, with my shield of faith in front of me (faith that I serve a good God who sees exactly what is going on and knows my financial situation), with the Word of God in my grasp ready to do battle, and with continuous communication to my God who fights my battles for me and who has already won the victory.

I am thankful for I've had a car all these years to get me where I needed to go.

I am thankful I have a job that pays money so I can eat, have a whole bedroom to myself, and pay rent.

I am thankful for sympathetic friends and not having to worry if I'll be able to change a tire on my own.

I am thankful for men who make sure I get home safe.

I am thankful for my God who will supply all my needs in Christ Jesus; even if that doesn't involve Him fixing my car.

"For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."

No comments:

Post a Comment